Keeping Junior High Students on Track
The Jr. High School counselor for grades seventh through eighth attends Individual Education Plan meetings, monitors testing, and serves as a resource for the Jr. High School principal on an as-needed basis. A variety of guidance services are offered at the Jr. High School. They include but are not limited to the following:
- New student orientation for students and parents.
- Peer Mediation to help students resolve conflicts.
- “Students for Safe Schools” group that meets to talk about positive activities for students.
- After-school and summer supplemental educational programs for tutoring and skill remediation.
- Coordination with the Intermediate Unit 1 for homeless students.
- Support groups/individual support for anger management, grief, and loss.
- Teacher/student/parent liaison in meetings addressing various educational, emotional and/or social issues.
- Crisis Intervention.
Guidance support services at the Jr. High School are available for students and parents. Such services assist with assuring a child's educational success and emotional well-being. Our Student Assistance Program connects families to community support systems. Parents interested in speaking with the Jr. High School Counselor or getting more information on community programs can contact Ms. Sadie Dayton at (724) 223-5094.